Tuesday, December 20, 2011

"Don't Jump Ship"

It's been about a year since I've blogged last but due to the civil war breaking loose between L.A. NBA fans I felt compelled to speak my mind.  "So here we go!"

Ever since Chris Paul went to the Clippers I've been hearing that L.A. is no longer painted purple & gold but now red, white, & blue.  That those fair weather Laker fans are jumping ship.  I said, Say What!!!  I must of slipped into some sort of parallel universe where the Lakers are no longer the greatest NBA franchise of all time.   

Listen I've been a Laker fan since "Showtime" (that's the early 80's for all you youngsters).  I ain't bout to jump ship!  When we moved to Phoenix from L.A. thirteen years ago my wife tried to get me to change my allegiance from the Lakers to the Suns.  And although at times I'll root for the Suns & D'Backs I've never been able to switch up.  How could I leave my roots!  The team that I grew up with.  I told her "I don't think so homie don't play that!" 

 If you grew up in L.A. in the 80's & 90's you know very well that whoever was caught wearing the Clippers shirt on the playground was the joke of the day.  What these new Clipper bandwagon, Captain Kangaroo fans don't know is that this ain't the first time the Clippers have had good players.  I know they've got some superstars right now but for crying out loud they've had a top ten draft pick for the last thirty years!  Now if they haven't been able to do anything with that I'd say theres a serious problem somewhere within the organization.  My suspicion is that the problem lies with the head of the organization, and if the head is no good there will eventually be serious problems throughout the rest of the body. 

Laker fans! I know it's hard right now.  Downright frustrating especially after finding out David Stern himself is a Laker hater (I guess he could join the crowd).  We are in a time where we must role with the punches and STAY PUT! I know we lost Lamar for nothing, we look old, & slow but this parallel universe won't last for very long. 

Now along the same lines (bare with me here).  I must say that as of late I've noticed the bandwagon, hopping trend occurring even within the church.  Beloved brethren leaving the church, or switching to a church that flat out teaches false doctrine.  People jumping ship because of a storm or because that other place appears to be more attractive to the eye or should I just say it the flesh.  "Ya I said it!"

In Acts 27 the Apostle Paul found himself in the middle of not just a storm but a tempest to where all hope of survival was lost.  You want to know what he did?  He held on to Gods word and he stayed on the ship"...as the sailors were seeking to escape from the ship,  ...Paul said to the centurion and the soldiers, “Unless these men stay in the ship, you cannot be saved.”  It was necessary for them to stay on the boat and not jump ship! 

C'mon now!  Don't forget that although the waves and the winds may be beating upon your ship Jesus is on the boat with you.  He that could calm the winds and the waves of your storm with just a word.  Don't give up, don't allow frustration cause you to switch teams.  Hold on to Gods word & stay on the boat!  By the way the ship called the church will never sink!  Remember Gods' team will always be victorious & as long as you don't jump ship you will also be victorious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment