Sunday, October 10, 2010

“I WILL FIGHT I WONT GIVE UP”

I felt the need to share this testimony with you it is so important for me to voice it out. If it were not for the mercy and grace of God I would not be here today writing this.
2006 was the most difficult year for me and my husband. I found myself facing the most terrible moments in my life. I felt as if I was taking my last breath of air. I Thank God for my husband, he has been with me through thick and thin. Even though this is one of many miracles God has done for us I will share this one with you.
I was diagnosed with a severe case of hyperthyroidism, a thyroid disorder. My thyroid gland and metabolism was over active. I was weighing a healthy 160 pounds at the time, but I started noticing that I was losing weight fast. The most terrible thing was when I was unable to swallow my food any more. It was horrible, I felt as if I was chocking I don’t wish that on anyone. In a short period of time I went from 160 pounds to a shocking 106 pounds. During that time I was getting worse I would shake a lot, I felt extremely cold, and my vision was failing as well. I kid you not my meals were this, mashed potatoes, juices, and broth soups. Every time I would wake up I found bruises on my legs for sleeping on my side, that’s how thin I was. My doctor had recommended I burn my thyroid gland with radiation, but I would have to be on medication for the rest of my life to keep me normalized. He told me the risks, and in my despair I decided to wait on God. I had refused to take medication, why you might ask? I know everyone is different and in my case you would have probably took the medication, I don’t know. But at that moment I decided to wait on God for a miracle. I remember one day in the shower I was feeling so weak and hopeless; I almost wanted to give up. I knelt down and cried out to God and asked him for a miracle. My husband and my local church started to pray and fast on my behalf, and sure enough God answered our prayers. I started feeling strength and the need to eat again. I was able to swallow my food, everything started to fall into place slowly but surely. When I went to my doc’s appointment he was very upset at me for not taking my medication. He decided to test me again and when the results came back he was shocked. He said “what did you do”! He knew we were Christian, he said “you must have been praying to your God, because no one gets healed from this”. He smiled and tears started running down my face, I responded “yes Jesus healed me”!
At that moment I understood that sometimes we need to go through trials so God can get the glory. I also learned how to have faith and trust in God. He has never failed me He has always been one prayer away. Through this trial my husband and I learned to encourage, love, and appreciate each other more. Being a Christian doesn’t mean we won’t have trials. No one said it was going to be a walk in the park on the contrary we have more devils to fight now. We all go through trials and sicknesses, but that’s when God reminds me that he will always give me strength. When I’m weak and when I’m unable to fight he fights for me and always gives me the victory.

This is one testimony from so many others. I will fight I wont give up. Soon I will be sharing what I am currently going through right now. 13 years married and awaiting a miracle.  That will be about how my husband and I have so desperately prayed to have children of our own and the process we are going through. It hurts to go through the process but every promise has its process what is important is that God gets the glory Awaiting a Miracle………

No comments:

Post a Comment